Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jovan of all Trades

Heeeeeeey blogspot! Just got home from Volleyball practice -_- But that's not why I'm blogging right now. I'm going to write about my internship buddies who have taught me a lot of random things. First off, meet Jovan!



I call him the "Jovan of all trades". During our internship at Home Radio, I noticed that he was the first one who got pretty close to most of the employees. He seemed to be a contagion of happiness and positive vibes that influenced everyone at the office. If it weren't for Jovan, we couldn't haven known Sir Hans, the Sales & Marketing Head, Miss Sarah, the Finance and Administration Officer, and the DJs. One thing I learned from him is to do everything with a smile. 

Whenever there's a task that needed to be accomplished, Miss Sarah never hesitated to approach Jovan and asked him to do an errand which sometimes made us think "Why do they always approach Jovan and ask him to do this and that? What about us? Don't they have anything for us to do?" Yeah, this thought crossed our (Gem and mine) minds. But it's not that I'm saying Jovan hogged all the paper works. He called on us for help. Because of this, we learned to offer help instead of being asked for help. Do you see the difference between offering for help from asked to help? I bet you do! 

The last thing I learned from him and forever remind myself with is to do ordinary things extraordinarily well. There were times when we were asked to have a lot of documents photocopied. Jovan with his being a neat freak taught me to always keep everything organized. 

I guess those three learnings maybe meager for some, but they had a very great impact on me. I will forever cherish working with Jovan and treasure all the things I learned from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment