Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Inevitable First Month Promises

What's in store for me this year? No, wait. Let me rephrase the question. What am I storing up this year and for the years to come?

Humans have unlimited desires. If you haven't realized that by now, I doubt if you're indeed a human. We will always want another thing after another. We make a list of things to buy and dreams to achieve but unfortunately the list goes on. Given such long lists of created (sometimes unrealistic) needs, we end up sulking in disappointments. 

This year, I have made a bucket list of things I want to accomplish. Even if the possibility of getting disappointed is directly proportional to  the chances of achieving them, I DON'T MIND and I DON'T CARE. I have been dealing with disappointments and frustrations for my entire life. It wouldn't hurt me to deal with some more this year. As Kelly (or her songwriters) says, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I might be acting a little brave here but I expect there will be instances that I'd be at the brink of giving up. However, those won't stop me from reaching my goals. What is a man if he doesn't have dreams?

Here are the random things I thought of doing this year:


> buy a gift for a loved one (or loved ones, it depends)
> join a Yoga session or a dance-slash-fitness-class
> learn how to cook and bake something...EDIBLE
> travel and see the world
> enrol for postgraduate studies
> Watch UNIGAMES live in Dumaguete
> start a family tradition (e.g. Fruit Smoothie Sundays)
> learn a foreign language (I'm thinking Japanese)
> learn how to play a musical instrument
> save money (in the bank, not in your piggy bank)
> lose the belly (this has been on the list since the time I started eating)
> blog more often
> buy a furrbaby already! 

For updates or anything, I will get back to you soon. Pinky swear!

pRaNs B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment