Monday, January 21, 2013

Calling the Shots


To the person who keeps on telling that life's not about the money definitely doesn't have anything to spend or pay for.

It has been very long since I wanted to have a part-time job so that I can have my own money to spend and pay for whatever there is to be paid like school projects and stuff. I don't like to ask from my parents for money all of the time. Also, every time I want to go somewhere or buy something, I have to ask for money from them. I seldom ask them to buy stuff for me but when I do, I ask way too much (HAHA).

So in order to have that liberty of buying stuffs without pestering my parents, I looked for part-time jobs online and I was able to find a few. I sent my resumes and got a couple of replies. The company which replied the fastest was Aegis Peoplesupport, a BPO company. Got the call one afternoon and I was invited for another interview that next day. As I could remember that was when Typhoon Pablo was brewing in the country.

December 10, 2012 was a memorable date because that was the time I signed the contract and it has been like a month since then. It was on the very same date I got a text from the ESL company I applied for. They set an appointment where I had to take an exam and an interview. I came and took the exam but I had to turn down the job because the schedule they offered was in conflict with my TTH classes.

Going back to my current employer. Yes, I have survived a month in this company. Actually, the company isn't that stressful since I am assigned to a sales department.  As a matter of fact, Aegis' working environment is just perfect! The only problem I have is raising my conversion. I am never the sales-type-of-person. I don't like persuading people to buy but this is the nature of my part-time job. I have to take it or leave it. I chose the former.

My supervisors have been very patient in guiding me that's why I am still in the company. I don't want to quit the job because the company and the supervisors have invested so much just to make me useful to the company. I owe that much to the company. Plus, BPO agencies really compensate very well. I have a lot of school fees to pay which I want to pay by myself. Let's just say that's my way of giving back to my parents.

Every graveyard shift is a battle for me. I have to answer calls mostly of online shoppers who aren't immediate bookers. If I get a lot of calls yet less sales, I am doomed. But that will not make me quit. I will only render my resignation when I couldn't improve my conversion in three to four months time. I don't want my team to suffer because of my low conversion. For now, I will continuously strive for improvement and make more sales.


No comments:

Post a Comment