Friday, November 16, 2012

The Inevitable Happened

(WARNING: Misspelled words and grammatically erroneous sentences are flooding this post. Wrote this around 1:00 am. I am not in the best condition to blog so forgive my mishap. Will go over this later and edit.)

Yes. Another post. I guess, I'm just in the mood to blog. Hurray! I finally broke free from those lethargic chains (for the mean time hahha).

So yeah! My internship. Last semester, I had my TV/Radio internship at 106.7 Home Radio. I only ventured into radio broadcasting because I shy away from the camera. I just can't imagine myself on television reporting news. This semester, I have the luxury (I thought of it as a luxury before the new policies were introduced) to go into PR, Advertising, and Print. I was really looking forward to working in a PR firm. But due to the new policies of our internship adviser, I have to go with the print industry to ensure myself of having an output to present.

It came as a shocker. I raised the white flag. All the while, I have conditioned myself not to have my PRAC2 in the print media. I wanted to be with a company and do office works because honestly, I want to work in an office rather than go out and gather news by the time I graduate. I might be a Masscom student but I'm not the kind who's really into hardcore journalism (Communication, I can manage but Journalism... man that's too big for me). It's not that the school is insufficient when it comes to training us but it's just my preference. No offense to my school and the faculty.

So there. Days after I resigned from CVG, I was left with no company to work in. Time was fleeting and my plans of finishing my internship by the second week of January isn't possible anymore. I was desperate to start my internship again. I passed my resume and application letter to PR Works and The Freeman.

Three hours passed and I was already home hoping to receive a call from either of the two companies. A call woke me from my sleep and it was from The Freeman. I was scheduled for an orientation in a hour. I was out for words. A part of me wanted to turn it down, but there was also that voice in me saying, "give print media a try."

So I went to the orientation but I had to be honest with sir Joebert, Freeman's Assignment Editor. I told him that news isn't really my thing and I asked whether I could have a chance to be with the lifestyle section instead. It was rather demanding of me, but I had to be honest with myself and with the company.

My first day with The Freeman? That will be on another post.

Will talk to you again sooner,

Franz B.

No comments:

Post a Comment