Friday, July 20, 2012

Quickie

            What's up, Blogspot?! You might find it unusual for me to blog without a month passing by. Well, I'd say I'm a changed person now or am I? HAHA

             Our internship requirement of having three blogs for prelim is a beautiful coercion. At first, I really felt forced to blog solely for compliance' sake, but I have realized how fulfilling it is to write about how my day went. 

              Last Wednesday (July 18, 2012), I had my first quickie session with Home Radio. Darwin, our supervisor, calls it "quickie" because we, interns, get a chance to report our soft news on air. Randomly, Darwin asked us questions. I was able to prepare and practice my phrasing and articulation but my nervousness was very evident. Darwin and Dj Robyn advised me to relax because the tension I felt held me from doing my best. 

             After my first practice, I got good comments from them. They said that I could speak English better than a disc jock they know. That compliment really lifted my spirits up.After my quickie, DJ Robyn said that she's so proud of her Alma Mater because Gem and I could really speak well compared to their last interns (I'm not telling you from what school those interns were :D ). BTW, DJ Robyn is an AB-English alumna of USJ-R.

             Aside from me, Gem also went on her first quickie. One thing I'd like about Gem is her spontaneity. She can always keep up with Darwin's random questions. During my quickie, there were moments of dead air. HAHA Well, I guess those were just first time jitters. I can't wait for my next quickie. This will do it for now. Talk to you soon, Blogspot!

-pRaNs B.  

No comments:

Post a Comment